Deleting a PO

Bills / Vendors / Check Issuing / Purchase Orders / PO Processing

Deleting a PO

by gordon1986 » Fri May 16, 2008 1:46 pm

We are running version 4.0-3139. The Help file says there should be a delete button when I "Update a PO", but there is not one. How can we delete a PO?
gordon1986  

Re: Deleting a PO

by admin » Sat May 17, 2008 7:42 am

You will not see a delete button if you have already received goods on this PO. You will need to cancel the receipt before you can cancel the PO.
admin Site Admin  

by gordon1986 » Tue May 20, 2008 3:41 pm

How do you cancel the receipt? We tried receiving a negative quantity, which left the PO in "Pending" status, but the Delete button still did not appear.

We also tried deleting the lines on the PO, so we now have a PO with no lines that cannot be Deleted.
GH
gordon1986  

by Timothy D. Swieter » Tue May 27, 2008 4:50 am

I hae the same problem as Gordon. I need to delete a PO. I also tried receiving a negative quantity and that didn't work. Any other thoughts? I would have to have to start over on setting up my company.
Timothy D. Swieter  

by admin » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:03 pm

Sorry - this got bypassed somehow, and didn't show on our "new posts" lists anymore.

The answer is that if you have not "passed to AP" for that PO, when you view the received lists, then drill down to the actual receipt, you will see an "unreceive" button that will let you cancel the receipt so you can then delete the PO
admin Site Admin  

by Lisa Barr » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:55 am

OK, what if you HAVE passed the PO to AP.

Is there a way to "CLOSE" a PO?

I've got several we did trying to fix problems that just created more problems. Now I have all these PO showing up that I just need to close...not receive...not pass to AP. just close.

Is there some way?
Is there a switch in SQL or something?
Lisa Barr
Lisa Barr  

by Lisa Barr » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:56 am

Or, is there a way to reverse "Pass to AP"? How do I get it back once it is passed?
Lisa Barr
Lisa Barr  

by admin » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:46 am

You need to go to receive for that PO, do not enter a quantity, but indicate it is COMPLETE. Then Pass to AP, saying prepaid. That should close out the PO.
admin Site Admin  

by emh » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:33 am

admin wrote:Sorry - this got bypassed somehow, and didn't show on our "new posts" lists anymore.

The answer is that if you have not "passed to AP" for that PO, when you view the received lists, then drill down to the actual receipt, you will see an "unreceive" button that will let you cancel the receipt so you can then delete the PO

I have the same problem. I did not pass PO to AP. There are two orders now seen as received and some damaged, but in fact they are not. I try to take back these actions. After your message, I follow this way but no "Unreceive this item" option appears. Why?

Go to Payables>Purchasing>Items Received List
Then enter the item code and go through the purchases received list seen. I click on "Recv Date" of the wrong data, it shows the details but no "unreceive this item" option is available. Am I doing something wrong?
emh  

by admin » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:43 pm

Actually, you could only "Unreceive" a non-po receipt. We have changed this, which will then allow the PO to be deleted. This should be available in our December release.
admin Site Admin  

by rcadwalader » Sun May 24, 2009 2:13 pm

So I guess the question remains: How do you delete a PO that has been passed to payables? I have about 9 that were entered with the wrong GL account, and after changing the GL account to inventory, I still cannot unrecieve, delete, or close these PO's. They continue to show up in the PO pass to Payables list. What now?
rcadwalader  

by admin » Tue May 26, 2009 2:47 pm

You must delete the AP Bill first, then you will be able to delete the PO. Once items have been received against a PO, it will not let you delete it unless you cancel the receipt first. But if you have already done the PO to AP step, you must delete the AP Bill first.
admin Site Admin  

by kathie » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:03 pm

I need a step by step as I have tried every which way and cannot get rid of old PO's. Please take me one step at a time.
Thank you
kathie  

by Lisa Barr » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:29 pm

yeah, me too
Lisa Barr
Lisa Barr  

by admin » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:31 pm

If you have a PO that you have received items on and it has been passed to payables, do the following:

1) Delete the Vendor Bill by going to Payables->Vendor Bills->Edit Bills. Search for the bill and the delete button from within the bill.

2) Delete the receipt by going to Payables->Purchasing->Items Received List. Search for the correct one and click on the Recv Date for it. Click on the Unreceive button.

3) Delete the PO by going to Payables->Purchasing->Edit PO. Once on the PO screen the delete button should be available.
admin Site Admin  

Next

Return to Payables / AP

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php