Deleting a PO

Bills / Vendors / Check Issuing / Purchase Orders / PO Processing

Re: Deleting a PO

by kathie » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:07 pm

There lies the problem... When I go to payables>Vendor Bills>Edit bills and bring up the bill there is no delete button anywhere. I have a back button, save button and complete bill button
kathie  

by admin » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:32 am

It sounds like you may have gone one screen too far in edit bills . Click on the back button from the screen you referenced in your last post and you should have Back, Next and Delete buttons at the bottom.
admin Site Admin  

by kathie » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:06 pm

I went to Payables>vendor bills>edit bills. It asks for invoice # which I enter then my option is "add" or "next" I go to next. Now my options are "back" or "next" back takes me out, next takes me to screen with options "back" "save" "complete bill" No matter what I do I do not get the option to delete.
kathie  

by admin » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:52 am

Once you enter the invoice # and click "next" the delete button should be appearing on this screen with the "back" and "next" buttons. Have you tried completing the bill and going back to edit invoice, entering the invoice # and clicking "next". Is it still not showing up after this?
admin Site Admin  

by kathie » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:54 pm

I put the invoice in and went to complete bill, went back and put invoice in again and the delete button still does not show up...
kathie  

by admin » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:56 am

Has their been a payment made on the bill? This can be checked by going to Payables->Vendor Bills->Edit bills and looking for any payments. You can also go to Payables->Vendor Bills->Payables List. Click the Show drop down, select All, and click Next. This will give you a list of all bills and whether a payment has been applied to it. If their has been a payment you will first have delete that payment before you can delete the bill.
admin Site Admin  

by kathie » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:41 pm

Yes! that is what happened. This is from 2007 and whatever happened partial payment was made. It is still showing as open. I went to the invoice and changed the total to what was paid to see if that would clear it as we can't cancel the payment.That did not work. Do I have any option at all of getting this closed? Or do we live forever with this. Wow, thank you for all your help
kathie  

by admin » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:10 am

Is the payment cash, check or credit card?
admin Site Admin  

by kathie » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:10 am

It was part of an ACH Payment made
kathie  

by admin » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:29 pm

Try going to Billing->Invoices->Void Payments and see if you can delete the payment from here.
admin Site Admin  

by kathie » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:52 pm

Because it was an ACH Payment we had more than this invoice on the payment. When I go to void payments it is not listed and not sure how to find it. I don't think you can void this kind of payment.
kathie  

by kathie » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:16 pm

Okay I figured it out and it was so simple once we went through all we did. There were 2 issues, open PO and open invoice. Once you gave me the answer to the Po I was trying to work on an open invoice that had partial payment on it. Well Duh to myself.... I just ran a credit to offset the balance that was keeping it open, paid it like an ACH Payment and it cleared it out. Once again, thank you for all your help
kathie  

by admin » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:35 pm

Your welcome, glad that you were able to get it working.
admin Site Admin  

Previous

Return to Payables / AP

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php