URGENT: Vendor Bills not showing up in Write Checks

Bills / Vendors / Check Issuing / Purchase Orders / PO Processing

URGENT: Vendor Bills not showing up in Write Checks

by gordon1986 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:19 am

New bills added today appear in Aging report, Journals, and Edit bills, but not in Write Checks to select for payment. We are running 4.0.5131. Bills edited today show up, with edits intact.

I need to pay these before Xmas - please help!
GH
gordon1986  

Re: URGENT: Vendor Bills not showing up in Write Checks

by gordon1986 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:35 am

Further.....

Other bills entered in the last 2 weeks are also not showing up, but some of the new ones are, including the ones entered yesterday.
GH
gordon1986  

by admin » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:19 pm

Have you checked to make sure the vendor(s) are set up right with the terms entered and the GL accounts assigned?

You may also want to update to our just released version 4.0.5174. Updates are available at:

Windows update: http://www.nolapro.com/download/?os=wu
Linux update: http://www.nolapro.com/download/?os=lu
admin Site Admin  

by gordon1986 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:37 pm

Yes, I have checked the vendors. These are vendors we pay monthly. Is there a known problem or could the SQL item entry error be related to this? We just upgraded on 12/8 to this version, maybe that is what broke it? Has no one else seen this problem?
GH
gordon1986  

by admin » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:40 pm

Are you still having problems with this? Are you using the pre-approval process and, if so, have they been approved?

The MySQL bug would prevent you from adding items and display an error. We will be releasing a new version shortly you may want to download to see if that fixes the problem.

There were some reports of this several versions ago but it was corrected before the version you are currently using.
admin Site Admin  

by gordon1986 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:39 pm

Yes, I am unable to upgrade until after the holidays. I entered 3 new bills today. 2 showed up in the Write Checks screen, but one did not. At first the only difference was that I changed the account from the default in the one that didn't show up. So I deleted it, and re-entered it using the default expense account. It still did not show up. These were all existing vendors.

Very strange indeed!

I deleted the ones I had to pay that weren't showing up and re-entered them as manual checks so that I could get them out today.

We will try whatever the latest update is after the holidays and see if anything changes.

Thanks for the follow-up so far.
GH
gordon1986  

by gordon1986 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:40 pm

Sorry, I forgot in the last post. We are not using the pre-approval process.
GH
gordon1986  

by admin » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:20 pm

Thanks for the update. Let me know if you have this problem after upgrading.
admin Site Admin  

by gordon1986 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:24 pm

We did the update and the problem still exists. Is there a reindex function or something we can try on one/more of the files to see if that helps? Any other ideas?
GH
gordon1986  

by admin » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:26 pm

Does this problem still exist? I am still unable to duplicate this and have not received any other similar issues. Is this happening at random or only with certain vendors?
admin Site Admin  

by gordon1986 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:45 pm

Yes, this is still occurring. It is restricted to certain vendors. Some of the vendors are ones that we have done regular business with for years, some are existing vendors we only pay once or twice a year. Other vendors we do regular business with as well as new vendors added since this problem first occurred are fine. All bills for a vendor with the problem do not show up in Write Checks, it is never divided.

I don't see any difference in the vendor setup between those that have a problem and those who don't.

Some of the bills not showing up were entered after the problem started, and some were prior. It seems to be related to our updating to 4.0.5131. Maybe an incompatibility between your current versions and our older SQL????
GH
gordon1986  

by admin » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:41 pm

There haven't been any similar reports about an incompatibility. Which version of MySQL are you using? The latest is 5.1.42 but I know it will also work on 5.0.86.
admin Site Admin  

Return to Payables / AP

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php