Purchase orders discount on each items

Bills / Vendors / Check Issuing / Purchase Orders / PO Processing

Purchase orders discount on each items

by andrytantalus » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:54 pm

Dear Sir,

How to create purchase order with a discount from vendor for each items ? For example :

1x Item xxx @price 100, discount 20%, so nett price i buy from this vendor is 80

If i set on vendor terms discount,i will show total discount for entire bill invoice..but product cost on items vendors still remains at 100..

Anybody knows how to resolve this issue? Thks

Rgds,
ANDRY T.
andrytantalus  

Re: Purchase orders discount on each items

by admin » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:54 am

First create a vendor term by going to Payables->Setup Payables->Vendor Terms. Make sure 20 is entered in Discount Percent.

Now when creating the P.O. select this term in the "Vendor Terms - This PO" dropdown for the discount to apply.
admin Site Admin  

by andrytantalus » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:52 am

Dear Admin,thks for the reply. I already did as what you suggest..But my question is why the item cost value still remain at un-discounted value. The discount value shows up when we create vendor bill.. But on item vendors value, still recorded as un-discounted value..Pls advise.thks
andrytantalus  

by admin » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:55 pm

The cost shown in Item Vendors should remain at the regular cost. If it were changed to the discount cost the 20% discount would then be taken off of that. If the cost of this item will always be at a discount you may want to consider changing the cost. Hope this helps clear things up!
admin Site Admin  

Return to Payables / AP

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php