Time Clock Issues

Discussion among independent developers using custom tools

Time Clock Issues

by scotsdrums » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:11 am

Is there not a way to set the time clock up to just record the actual date / time stamp as the punch in / out time?

It appears that it is up to the employee to enter his time in or out. This is what I was trying to get away from. I need to know that ACTUAL time that he / she punches in and out... Am I missing something?
scotsdrums  

Re: Time Clock Issues

by admin » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:06 am

Thanks for your question. To view the actual time in/out go to Payroll->Timeclock Processing->Approve Times.
admin Site Admin  

by scotsdrums » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:12 pm

No - that looks like it is showing me the times that the employee manually entered. I am looking for the ACTUAL date and time stamp of his / her punch in / out. It does not look like this is possible... Certainly seems like this should be a fundamental function of a time clock.
scotsdrums  

by admin » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:29 am

Go to Payroll->Timeclock Setup->General and enter a number, like 15, in the "Throw Out Time One Session if Greater Than" box. This will prevent the employees from being able to manually enter their time unless they are clocked in for the specified number of hours.
admin Site Admin  

by scotsdrums » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:01 pm

Seems to be working great now! Thanks!

fyi - I have no idea what that option means "throw out time session one...". I don't necessarily care at this point, but it seems like this should be a standard feature that should be easier to figure out OR documented somewhere for the end user...
scotsdrums  

by admin » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:02 pm

Glad to hear it's working for you!

Some additional info on the time clock options can be found by clicking on the "Help" button on the bottom of that page and by viewing the training videos at http://www.nolapro.com/training/4.0/ind ... clock.html

The throw out time session option will force the employee to enter their correct clock out time if their number of consecutive hours worked exceeds the set number. This basically corrects for "I forgot to clock out" problems.
admin Site Admin  

Return to Plugs-Ins, Add-Ons & Utilities