Item Prices not present?

Bills / Vendors / Check Issuing / Purchase Orders / PO Processing

Item Prices not present?

by trendless » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:06 pm

We've got a whole bunch of items that we entered on to POs and then received that don't seem to have prices. These items all have their prices determined using a markup set. They also correctly show their prices in "Inventory -- Item Prices" as calculated by the cost and the markup set. However, when they are entered into the POS they return a price of 0. And, when queried using the Quick Item Lookup field in the home page they show a link labeled "Price" in the 'Avg Price" field which, when clicked, pops up an Item Order History window that says "No matching shipments found."

Help?
trendless  

Re: Item Prices not present?

by admin » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:11 pm

Do you have multiple inventory locations? If so, when using POS click the Additional Order Options tab and select your location before adding the line item. Also make sure they were received into the correct location and that the PO was marked as complete. Which version of NolaPro are you using? Please let me know if this does not solve your problem.
admin Site Admin  

by trendless » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:49 pm

Only one location; "CTS Shop".

I've checked the prices after rebooting the server and updating to 4.0.4816 and all the items I've checked do show prices properly in the POS now.

(Item Price report)

(POS entry)

However,the Quick Item Lookup still doesn't function properly. There aren't any in stock at the moment, so those numbers are correct, but shouldn't there be something below 'location/pricelevel/price/size'? And shouldn't Avg Price show a number?

If I click on the 'Price' link below Avg Price, it brings up this:

But I've purchased, received AND sold these items:
trendless  

by admin » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:31 pm

Thanks for the screenshots. On the Quick Item Lookup the 'location/pricelevel/price/size' is blank because you are using a markup set. If you had set prices they would show in that section.

On the Avg Price link it remains 'Price' because the average price of each purchase can vary depending on the markup. Instead of displaying an "average of averages" it takes you to a listing showing averages for each sale.

We are looking into the reason you are getting the "No matching shipments found" message when clicking the Price link and I will let you know what we find out.
admin Site Admin  

by trendless » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:49 pm

Thanks very much for the info and the consistent responses :)
trendless  

by admin » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:08 pm

You are receiving the "No matching shipments found" message because they are all through POS. POS does not create an order per se, and that is what drives the Item Order History. It only generates an invoice. This is something we may add in the future but it is not currently on the schedule. If you would like a quote on having this done, please email your request to quote@noguska.com.
admin Site Admin  

by trendless » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:22 pm

So ... Order History is referring to orders that I've sold, not orders that I've purchased? Wouldn't Order History pull prices from Purchase Orders (ie, when I've ordered it from my supplier), giving me an average retail price based on what I've paid for an item?
trendless  

by admin » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:39 pm

Correct, the Item Order History report are orders that you have sold. To see transactions (items sold, purchased, adjusted) you can go to Inventory->Reports->Item Activity.
admin Site Admin  

Return to Payables / AP

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php