Paying a PO with a credit card

Bills / Vendors / Check Issuing / Purchase Orders / PO Processing

Paying a PO with a credit card

by nfultz1 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:14 pm

I recently purchased the Credit Card tracking add on. The main reason I purchased this was because I wanted to be able to pay POs with a credit card. My question is how can I pay for POs with a credit card? I know if I go under write checks I can pick credit card, but this uses accounts that have been setup under the "checking accounts setup" area. I can enter a CC purchase and under "special purpose" I can enter a PO, but it does not mark that PO as paid. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Nathan
nfultz1  

Re: Paying a PO with a credit card

by admin » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:12 pm

Thank you for your inquiry. In Payables->Credit Card Purchases->General there is a checkbox which must be checked if you want to enable tracking of payment of PO's via credit card.

NolaPro Support
admin Site Admin  

by nfultz1 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:01 am

I have checked that box. What do I need to do then to pay the PO with a credit card?
nfultz1  

by admin » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:05 pm

The credit card information goes to the vendor to pay your bill. NolaPro tracks your credit card payments, but it does not 'make' the payment.

NolaPro Support
admin Site Admin  

by nfultz1 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:33 pm

I understand that. Let me try to explain more clearly. If I enter a PO to purchase an item for inventory and then transfer that PO to AP it will show up as an invoice that needs to be paid. In order to show that the PO is paid I have to go to "write checks" and enter the invoice number. It will then bring me to a screen that shows the bill and has a check box that says "pay bill." If I continue this route, it will pay the bill from whatever checking account that I either selected or defaulted to. This is my dilemma. The PO was paid by a credit card. How do I enter a payment from a credit card and it mark the PO as paid.

Thanks for your help.
nfultz1  

by nfultz1 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:13 am

Let me know if my last comments were clear. I would like to be able to use the credit card tracking feature to in conjunction with the AP section. Let me know if you need any other information.
nfultz1  

by admin » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:40 pm

IF you have the option for Credit Card Tracking, then there will be a button when you finish entering the PO for entering the Credit Card payment info (NOTE: You also have to check the box that says allow Credit Card Payment in the Payables->Credit Card Tracking->General Information page).

If you do this, they when you receive the PO, you do not need to do the pass to AP step and create a bill, etc, etc. which you mention.
admin Site Admin  

by jelly24 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:55 pm

Thank you very much for your instruction.

maison de credit
jelly24  

by keyman00 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:28 pm

Can you pay a PO off with a credit card after it has been transferred to AP?
thanks
Dave
keyman00  

by admin » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:38 am

No, once it has been passed to AP it cannot be paid with a credit card. Thanks for your inquiry!
admin Site Admin  

by Vortech » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:02 pm

I have paid a PO with a credit card. now the vendor credit me for some product and credit my credit card deducting it from a new purchase.
How do I input this credit.
Vortech  

Return to Payables / AP

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php