Backup made easy

Support for miscellaneous questions or issues not confined to one area

Backup made easy

by swregs » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:07 pm

This works for the version of NoloPro that you have installed yourself. Not available in the hosted NoloPro.

1) Log into NolaPro with an account that has full access.
2) Choose the Shopping menu.
3) Choose the Administration choice under the Shopping menu.
4) In the shopping cart window, choose the Tools | Backup menu.
5) Click Backup button to download a database .sql file and save it to your local computer.
swregs  

Re: Backup made easy

by admin » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:15 pm

Thanks for the tip! Please note, however, that this is not a complete backup and the shopping cart has been removed from the full version downloads so not everyone will have this option.
admin Site Admin  

by OlJack » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:53 pm

OK, so I evidently have a version of Nolapro that does NOT have the shopping cart.

The question remains: how to backup the database? Our phpMyAdmin shows no database for Nolapro. Any program is useless if its data cannot be backed up and restored with some resonable means.
OlJack  

by admin » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:55 am

The following are backup instructions for the Windows version. If you are using Linux you will need to change the path to reflect your NolaPro database location.

Step 1: Enter a DOS prompt: Start -> run -> type: CMD and click [ok]:

Step 2: Type: cd "\program files\noguska\nolapro\apache\
mysql\bin\"

Step 3: Create a database file - type: mysqldump -uroot nolapro>nolapro.sql

Step 4: Copy the exported file:

* Open up "My Computer"
* Go to c:\program files\noguska\nolapro\apache\mysql\bin
* You should see the file "nolapro.sql" --> this is the backup file -- copy to a flash drive, network drive, CD, etc.

Step 5: Restoring the database:

* Ensure the backup file is still in c:\program files\noguska\nolapro\apache\mysql\bin (file must match NolaPro version being restored to)
* Enter a DOS prompt: Start -> run -> type: CMD and click [ok]:
* Type: cd "\program files\noguska\nolapro\apache\mysql\bin\"
* Enter MySQL by typing: mysql -uroot
* Type: drop database nolapro;
* Type: create database nolapro;
* Type: exit
* You will be back at the DOS prompt, now type: mysql -uroot nolapro<nolapro.sql
admin Site Admin  

by adityaduggal » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:29 pm

Hey,

I recently made a restore using the instructions which were mentioned above but it does not seem to work, I get this error when I log in to the website

"Could not connect to the database. Make sure includes/my_defines.php is set up properly.
Check these settings: DB_SERVER, DB_SERVER_USERNAME, DB_SERVER_PASSWORD, DB_DATABASE."

Now I think the problem is that the version of the installation is newer than the one of the database. I honestly don't know the version of the backup but my best guess is that the backup is of the version V4.0.5131 whereas the installation is of the version V4.0.5308

Now could some one please help me how to get the backup restored. The problem is that I only have the update file for V4.0.5131 whereas for V4.0.5308 I have downloaded the latest installation file.

Please advise me on to how could I get my data back online as it also has my addins which I had purchased from the website.
adityaduggal  

by admin » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:02 pm

Did you use the dos prompt instructions? Did you change the database name? If so you will need to edit your my_defines.php file to match the database name.

If this does not work please submit your request via our new support site at http://support.nolapro.com. Thanks!
admin Site Admin  

Return to NolaPro-General Help